在华澳大利亚研究基金会是一家注册于澳大利亚的非营利性机构，支持现有和未来在中国开展的澳大利亚研究领域的举措，旨在在中国建立持续、有效的教育项目，以增进中国对澳大利亚的了解。FASIC 在促进在华澳大利亚研究方面发挥着重要作用，并将进一步扩大和加强澳大利亚和中国高校间在研究及教学方面的联盟和联系。FASIC 为澳大利亚和中国的青年职业人士提供项目基金和奖学金。
Scholarships will be given to encourage Australian students and young professionals to study in People’s Republic of China in the following priority areas of interest:
• Sustainability, including climate change, carbon capture storage, low emissions technology, biodiversity, water stewardship
• Governance, including corporate and local community governance, International Regulatory Systems
• Economic policy – Free Trade
• Women in leadership
Scholarships may also be given to Chinese students and young professionals to study in Australia in the field of:
• Australian Studies, with the scholarship awarded in this discipline to be known as the BHP Billiton David Walker Scholarship in Australian Studies
Applicants must be Australian citizens or have been granted Permanent Resident Status prior to the date of an Applicant’s submission of a Scholarship application. Applicants for the BHP Billiton David Walker Australian Studies Scholarship may be citizens of the People’s Republic of China.
Applicants must have completed or be about to complete an undergraduate degree from an Australian or a Chinese university and be planning to undertake postgraduate study at a Chinese university (or an Australian university for those applying for the BHP Billiton David Walker Scholarship in Australian Studies) no later than in the calendar year following the year of the Applicant’s Scholarship award.
A Selection Committee will consider the following criteria in assessing Applicants:
• Academic excellence (outstanding university results, such as honours degrees)
• Academic focus in areas of priority interest for the Scholarship program identified above
• Leadership skills
• Strong academic and community referees
• Commitment to the enhancement of the Australia China relationship
Applicants should email a completed application form in Word format and required materials email@example.com. Applications must be submitted no later than 14 May 2017.